TRANSMISSION: Curating our identities.
- And where is the list taking us? Where are “we” relative to the list?
- In it? Beside it? travelling along it? through it? beyond it? around it?
- from thought > to statement,
- thought (> to statement) > to action,
- action > to imprint of that action;
- An answer: Perhaps the “We” stands at that moment between to think and not to think, to say and not to say, to do and not to do, to leave this mark or to leave another…
What do our lists look like?
What matters more: making the list or what’s on the list?
Why this extra step, between thought and action?
Are we transmitting information? communicating it to ourselves or others?
A seemingly velocity-less vehicle that guides us to the next step.
A list curates, configures information.
Whether we list to remember or whether we list to forget, we need a matrix within which to anchor our data.
Our data needs a goal, an orientation, a purpose – even if that purpose is omission.
The question still stands:
Where are WE? Who is the We relative to that content?
It is not – as Shakespeare would have it – “to be or not to be”. Being is not a choice. Living is. Identity is. and History is.